Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Retirement

Hey,
It's Dyesha.
Over a period of time of 30 minutes I observed and recorded info on my grandmother's conversation about retirement money. My grandmother was talking to her friend at the time and she said that the government will not give her good retirement money. My grandmother has been working at two jobs for 35 years each and is upset about the money she will receive if she retirers. Her friend says" ,Give me a good retirement plan and I will be happy to retire sooner than I planed." My grandmother's friend wants to retire at 60 years old. My grandmother wants to retire at the age of 73. Personally I think that's too old to be working. My grandmother says the government doesn't want you to retire until you're 75 years old, because of the way they are giving money out to people. To me the typical age for a person to retire should be at the age of 65. What do you think?

No comments: